Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Chris Chang For MAC

Mac mandarin eye shadow, part of the Chris Chang x Mac Collection
Electric Mandarin Eyeshadow

The second I saw the visuals for the Chris Chang x MAC collection, I stopped dead in my tracks. The packaging, brightly colored illustrations set on an electric blue background, immediately caught my eye. I have oftentimes said that I am a marketers' dream. I am so preoccupied with the way a product looks on the outside, that sometimes, I don't even want to use it! I also love to keep boxes, (weird, I know).  This collection includes beautiful boxes, that are even decorated on the the inside. In the grand scheme of things, is the the inside of the box my eye shadow comes packaged in really that important? Actually, yes! Keep reading for a preview of all of these beautiful products.

Chris Chang for Mac collection is filled with colorful and highly pigmented products

Chris Chang, of Poesia (a Shanghai based fashion label), is responsible for the kaleidoscope of colors in this newest MAC collaboration.  Chang drew inspiration from the ancient Chinese artform, Kunqu, one of the oldest types of Chinese opera.  I was sent several products and haven't had a chance to use them all yet, but I did want to get this post up so that you guys could see everything before the makeup collection launches on May 5th (online) with the in-store launch on May 12th.  I will be adding swatches to this post later this week.


There are 14 total products in the collection, and unlike past launches, like Zac Posen x MAC, this collection does not include any makeup brushes.
MIAMI BEAUTY BLOGGER

Cream Colour Bases ($23):These are traditional MAC colour bases in the colors Sock It-Xiqu, Rich Coral, and Peony Pavilion. Although the inserts in these say they shouldn't be used on lips or eyes, many people do use them as eye shadow base (to enhance shadow pigment) or on the lips as a creamy lipstick. I use them as blush. They are very pigmented and apply best with a duo fiber stippling brush to help blend out the color. For my light to medium complexion, my favorite color is Sock It-Xiqu (no idea how to pronounce this, by the way), because it's a cool toned lavender, perfect for spring. The other two colors are more traditional, orangy, red based cheek colors.
CHRIS CHANG X MAC
Cream Colour Base in Peony Pavilion 
MIAMI BEAUTY BLOGGER
Cream Colour Base in shades Rich Coral & Peony Pavilion 

CHRIS CHANG X MAC
Rich Coral 

CHRIS CHANG X MAC
Sock It-Xiqu
Lipsticks ($20): there are five total colors in the line, with two of the lustre colors being more dramatic (read: unwearable unless you're in a creative industry). The shades are Gold Xixi (pastel, lemony yellow - lustre), Vermillion Vee (classic red - matte), Plum Princess (deep purple - matte), Cloud Gait (pastel turquoise - lustre) and Dddevilish (pastel pink - matte).
CHRIS CHANG X MAC LIPSTICK SWATCHES
CHRIS CHANG X MAC LIPSTICKS

CHRIS CHANG X MAC LIPSTICKS
Eye Shadows ($17): there are four total shadows in the line, and they're all matte shades. Royal Woo (yellow), Pale Pipa (turquoise), Electric Mandarine (orange), and Mu Mu Bloom (pink). They're traditional MAC shadows and pair with the bright lipstick colors.
CHRIS CHANG X MAC

Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder ($29.50):
CHRIS CHANG X MAC SWATCHES
Chris Chang Transparent Finishing Powder Comapct

CHRIS CHANG X MAC SWATCHES
Chris Chang Prep And Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
  
CHRIS CHANG X MAC swatches
Mac Fluidline

CHRIS CHANG X MAC SWATCHES
If you enjoyed this post, check out Miami Beauty Bloggers Google + Page. We talk about new makeup launches, and general beauty!

2 comments:

  1. OK that packaging is amazing and that yellow lipstick?! What??? I have to try it. It's such a unique color.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection is gorgeous! I love the colour bases.


    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...