Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Collection

Estee Lauder is on my radar! First, because I tried out the fantastic Advanced Night Repair Powerfoil mask! (For my review on that, check out my Facebook post), and secondly, because of the new Bronze Goddess Summer Glow makeup collection! While I loved most of the products, there was one which was not a hit. Keep reading to see what made the cut and what didn't.
Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi Palette


You would think that living in Miami my whole life, I'd naturally be a little sun bunny, right? Wrong! I hide from the sun! I'm very pale. Early on, I saw what the effects of too much sun exposure could do to my skin. I try to stay out of the sun, but that doesn't mean I don't love to look bronzed and tan. I love the look of dewy, bronzy makeup and skin.

The new Estee Lauder Bronzed Goddess Summer Glow Collection makes this easy! The new cheek, face, eye and lip products are all made to help you achieve a healthy, sun-kissed flush It seems like recently, every major makeup brand has come out with a 'bronze' line. Bobbi BrownTom Ford Soleil Collection, and now Lauder. Let's get into the makeup!

A compact with three contouring powders: bronzer, illuminator and blush, to help you achieve radiant  color.  The formula: a tribrid of liquid, powder and gel that deliver smooth application and lots of color payoff. This is suitable for daytime! The colors are smooth and subtle. The bronzer is something I think is good for pale women (finally!) because it's not orange, like so many bronzers can be. 


Lip and Cheek Summer Glow, $34.00
This I do not recommend. 2-1 products generally don't work out well. This one is not an exception. This is a product that contains a lip gloss on one side and a lipstick and cheek color on the other side. It comes in three colors: Fuchsia Lights, Peach Glow and Sunburst. I should be specific here, the shade and consistency that I did not care for was Fuchsia, which was not fuchsia but rather, watermelon in color.  The lipstick end is way too slippery and runny. Perhaps it's the the emollients in the product, but it did not stay on the lips at all - and when combined with the gloss? Forget about it. I can see how this would be a better creme blush than lip product but I didn't try out that way. The other shade, Sunburst, is fine; it's certainly a pretty sheery, golden color (my favorite kind) and it leaves a pretty wash on the skin. 

Fuchsia swatch.  L: Lip and Cheek swatch; R: Lip gloss swatch

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Lip and Cheek Color in Sunburst

Liquid sun! *WINNER* Favorite! This product is pretty lightweight, with an oil-free formula. Add it to your foundation or cream products to boost radiance and the glow factor. I have tested this out over my makeup, using it as a highlighter and for my skintone, it works perfectly. It's such a nice highlight. It may appear slightly orange in the photos, but it's not. I find it to be slightly more golden and yellow based, than orange based. It's a great product and you do get quite a bit for the price, since you do use this sparingly. The best way to apply it is by dabbing three dots onto you skin, then blending them out with your finger.

Favorite! Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Illuminator Highlighting Drops 
Swatches of Sunburst (two on the left) paired with Summer Glow Illuminator 

The description says this product is a gel, but when you first apply it, it doesn't look that way, it actually looks just like a liquid foundation does. However, when you blend the swatch out, you see that it really does have such a lightweight, gel-like consistency. It dries down to a dewy finish. For me, this makes me pictures Key Largo at sunset. Ha,ha,ha,ha! Why not?! Lauder says: "Universally flattering, creamy and weightless to the touch, gel bronzer glides onto the skin to create a luminous sun-kissed healthy glow. The balmy, sheer texture allows the natural skin tone to show through, and creates a subtle veil of healthy-looking, sun kissed color. The versatile and innovative gel formula easily blends into skin for even coverage and can be worn over foundation." Actually all true! 


Estee Lauder Bronze Summer Goddess Lip and Cheek Color - Swatch of Sunburst


I hope that you enjoyed this beauty blog on the new Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Collection. If you did, you may also enjoy this page, dedicated to makeup and beauty. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...