Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Beauty File: Beauty Products That Make Life Easier For The Woman On The Go!

Good morning! One of the worst things about the 9 to 5 grind (which ends up being more like 7 to 7 some days) is trying to incorporate a beauty routine that gets you out the door quickly but doesn't leave you looking like you did your make up with your left hand, in the dark.

Call it vain, but the truth is -  appearance counts, even when you have the credentials to back up whatever it is you're bringing to the table.  Simply said: you don't want to make an appearance in court, or at a meeting, looking like you slept in your car.

Lucky for you, you read my blog, so today, you'll know what I know.  The list below is made up of products that are designed to help speed up your morning ritual and last through a long work day.  They're fast-acting and convenient for a busy lifestyle. 

1) Silicon Mix with Bambu.  A deeply moisturizing and conditioning hair mask, that works in less than 5 minutes.  For my Miami girls, this is a drug store find from Navarro.  Everyone else can buy it on Amazon.  Nothing that I've ever tried, be it high end or otherwise, has compared to this.  This leaves my hair super soft and shiny.  It penetrates quickly and rinses cleanly without leaving residue.  It helps detangle my long hair.



2) Alberto V05 Shine, Glow and Go Beauty Spray/ Oil ($5): This is a fast-absorbing, after shower oil spray with a dual purpose.  It can be used on your body as a moisturizing spray, and on your hair, as a light oil.   It's infused with good-for-you oils like sunflower, coconut and argan oils, in addition to a lot of vitamins. Some say this is a dupe for the much more expensive Redken Diamond Oil Shatter Proof Shine.  For me, the fragrance is almost identical to Lanza's Healing Treatment Oil. I really love the way it smells. I like to spray it on my skin directly after a shower.  It dries quickly so there is no issue with drying time.  It leaves my skin very soft for hours.  It's great on your legs after you shave. 

3) Stowaway Cosmetics: this line of makeup is perfect for the woman on the go. Seriously. First of all, the makeup is mini sized, making the cosmetics like their eyeliners ($10) and lipsticks ($15), super portable and easy to "stowaway."  I love the color payoff on the lipstick. You can pack an entire face worth of makeup into a pouch smaller than an iPhone.  I am also a fan of the Cheek & Lip Rouge($15) - a convertible color that simplifies your beauty routine because it can be used both on your lips and cheeks.  The compact also comes with a mirror which makes for an easy application if you're riding the train or in a cab.

Images from Stowaway Cosmetics website. 

4) Baiser Beauty - Homegrown in Miami, Baiser Beauty is an organic beauty and skincare line that is 100% natural, cruelty free and organic.  They're products are crafted from ancestral recipes and infused with natural aromatic oils that that have therapeutic and medicinal properties.  Unsurprisingly, I have selected another hair product from this set.  It's the Baiser Natural Hair Treatment Spray ($30).  It helps moisturize your hair.  I spray a few pumps on my dry hair, when I'm in between washes and when my hair needs a little pick me up.  It smells like lavender and peppermint.  It's no fuss - just spray + go.  It adds softness and a great, subtle scent.. I've also been eyeing their Anti Aging Skin Serum, but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet ($99).
Baiser Beauty Miami Organic Skincare


5) Covergirl Outlast All Day Primer ($10.99):  This primer went on really nicely.  It  primed my skin well and added hydration.  I like the way my foundation wore with this. I'm currently using a drugstore foundation; Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless in shade 120, Classic Ivory (a bit too dark for me, actually).  This particular foundation is matte, so I am able to use it with this primer without issue.  With the primer, my foundation wore well for over 8 hours.  I would not recommend this primer for foundations that are luminous or leave a dewy finish.  I test drove the primer using a dewy BB Creme (I like my Dr. Jart + Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm) and found that my skin was a little too dewy for my taste.  I would say this would be for combo to dry skin.

Covergirl Outlast


6) Bobbi Brown Longwear Collection:  A few weeks ago, I had a chance to meet Rogelio Reyna, artistic and creative director for Bobbi Brown cosmetics.  At that meeting, we played with some of the new Bobbi Brown Longwear products.  These are products designed to
 last throughout the day and well into the evening.  They're perfect for women who don't like to fuss with their makeup because you put them on in the morning and never think about them again.  My favorite? The Bobbi Brown Longwear Cream Shadow Sticks.  These are convenient because they're packaged in a self sharpening stick and last over 8 hours. They're a creme to powder formula with intense staying power, but can also be blended out to create a sultry smokey eye.
               
I have a second place combo that I want to tell you about.  If you like a bright lip with staying power, I recommend using Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color in Sunset Pink over the Bobbi Brown liner in Guava  This lip combo is bright with a glossy finish, but when you set it with the liner, it stays put.

7) Dry Shampoo - Batiste ($5.99) and Herbal Essence ($4.99): Dry Shampoo is essential in my beauty routine.  With long, fine hair that gets oily very quickly, I could not survive the week without it.  My pick for dry shampoo is a tie.  Both Batiste and Herbal Essences make dry shampoos that are affordable and effective.  Neither leave white residue if you use them correctly (spray from a distance).  My former #1 is Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, but at $42 a bottle and a recent price increase, I said bye bye.





8) Maybelline Eyestudio Color Tattoo Metal Cream Shadows: These are dupes for MAC Paint Pots but they last longer.and are more affordable. They have a great color payoff, especially when you first apply an eyeshadow base.  I like to first use NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in the color Milk, but it's not necessary.  My favorite color is the pink one, Inked In Pink. It lasts all day and does not crease.

9) Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray: When I know that I'm going to have a really long day, I set my makeup with this product.  It really sets everything and does a good job at preventing oil from coming through the makeup.  It does an especially good job on eye makeup.  I don't like to overuse it because products like these contain alcohol can dry skin out. I haven't tried it, but know that NYX makes a setting spray in both dewy and matte finishes - one of my friends tested it during Miami Swim Week a few years back and her makeup didn't budge!  If you know Miami in July, you know that this is a major accomplishment because it is as hot and humid as it gets.

10) Sole Serum: because I'm on my feet all day in, heels, I have wreaked havoc on my poor little feet. Sole Serum is product that you apply topically to the soles of your feet.  It helps reduce foot swelling and relieve foot pain with Lidocaine and blend of tea tree and peppermint oil.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try the sole serum…I need this for my poor little footsies, too!! The peppermint oil sounds divine! xo

    P.S. I've given you a special shout out on my blog today!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a helpful post! I love using dry shampoo, and the packaging for Stowaway is so cute.

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...