Friday, January 9, 2015

Deliver Lean: Delicious, Healthy Food at Your Doorstep

Deliver Lean is a top rated meal delivery service in South Florida that delivers healthy and delicious meals right to your doorstep.  For a limited time, readers of TFE can click here and get three days of free meals when selecting a 4-week meal plan (promotion expires 1/31/15).

Before Deliver Lean sent over their meals, I had never tried an at-home meal delivery service.  I'm so glad I test drove DL, because the food was really satisfying and flavorful.
The meals arrive in an insulated bag, and they're delivered right to your doorstep between midnight and 6:00 AM.  On Tuesday nights and Thursday nights, you leave the cooler bag outside and it is replaced bi-weekly (depending on your meal plan) with a fresh batch of food.
When you sign up, you have the option of selecting six different meal plans including Paleo, Vegan, Traditional, and Vegetarian.  You can list three ingredients/food items that you dislike, so that your meals won't include those things.  Here are some sample meal plans.

I really LOVED my food.  The meals come arranged in small containers that list out what you're eating, how many calories, carbs and grams of fat each meal has.  Depending on the package you select, your meal plan can consist of three meals a day, or just one meal a day.  Deliver Lean also has snacks and cold pressed juices (They work with On Juice, a national, organic, cold-pressed juice brand).  Meals start as low as $8.95 / meal.  DL uses the freshest ingredients, and offers 96 menu items per week

I chose the Paleo plan, and received three meals a day for one week.  I also received a couple of snacks.
I really recommend their food as a way to have a healthy and satisfying meal without the hassle of cooking or going to the grocery store.  For me, the portion sizes were perfect and they tasted really good.  Some of you may even have leftovers from some of the dinner portions.

MEAL BREAKDOWN
Breakfast on Monday was a blueberry and cranberry muffin with 1/2 a pear,  roasted in agave and raspberries. This little treat was addicting.  I didn't finish it, but turns out that was fine because it made the perfect desert later that night:)
Lunch was balsamic marinated chicken with baby zucchini and patty pan squash.  This was delicious. The chicken was really juicy, had grill marks, and great flavor.  The patty pan squash were really good, as well. There was just enough sauce, as seen in the below picture.



Dinner was my favorite: a big chunk of Angus beef pot roast with a red wine demi glaze and a cauliflower mash, with sauteed green beans.  This was very filling, the portion was very substantial.  The meat was really tender and very flavorful.  The cauliflower mash was surprisingly good and well seasoned. The texture is slightly different from regular mash; less smooth, but I did not mind.

Desert was a raw vegan meyer lemon tart.  I know, sounds not so great. But it was.  It was really rich so I only had a few spoonfuls.  This was also the most caloric / fattening item, clocking in at 320 calories, 24 grams of fat, and 28 grams of carbs.
Left: Angus Beef  Pot Roast; Right: Grouper and Brussel Sprouts

Tuesday: For breakfast I had Southwestern scrambled eggs with Poblano Peppers, Onions, with "Veg" Pepper Jack and Sweet Potato Latkes.  The scramble was made with egg whites.  For me, this was not a problem because I am used to eating egg whites, and I like them.  They're filling and have lots of protein.  The latkes were good and sweet.  I liked the combination of the peppers and egg whites with the latkes.  Sort of a sweet and savory thing.
Left: Meyer Lemon Tart; Right: Southwestern Egg Scramble
The Kung Pau chicken was up next but this was my least favorite of all meals.  It didn't photograph it because it was not pretty. It was lightly seared, but in my opinion somewhat lacking in flavor.  It was not bad, but was just not the best.  This meal marked the only time that I thought something I ate from DL was not seasoned well.

Over the next few days, I had:
  • Baked Grouper with Lemon Dill and Steamed Brussel Sprouts (274 Calories) 
  • Bison Burger with Veggie Pepperjack Cheese and Yuca Fries
  • Cage Free Fried Eggs with Maple Spiced Chicken Sausage and Butternut Sage Hash (364 Calories) 
  • Mojo Roasted Chicken with Onions and Sauteed Chayote Squash and Peppers (204 Calories) and many more different meals!
My favorite meals were the bison burger and the lemon dill grouper, although I thought the Yuca fries that came with the bison burger were way too dry.   For the most part I was really pleased with all meals.  I highly recommend this meal deliver service.

Bison Burger and Yuca Fries
Mojo Chicken

Eggs and Butternut Squash Hash with Maple Glazed Chicken Sausage



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...