Sunday, December 7, 2014

Art Basel 2014 Kris Knight + Gucci

Gucci and the Spinello Projects presented the Kris Knight Smell The Magic Exhibit in Miami's Design District.  This was the unofficial first night of Art Basel 2014 in Miami.  While the city comes alive during Basel, it is probably one of the worst times for traffic in Miami.  Currently the powers that be have managed to have everything, and I mean everything, under construction.  This does make navigating the art scene a bit more difficult, but in the end, it's all offset because we always have a great time and get to experience really interesting people and great vibes.

For this look, I kept it clean and sophisticated with pieces that are basics, but that also have a little bit of flair. These work trousers are the perfect starting point to base this outfit around because of their sleek lines and the way that they're tailored.  The one-shoulder top is satin, and has my favorite wintery green tone.  I love the added bow detail.

My Celine lookalike bag is from H&M and a great purchase from last year.  It's structured; it has that fun shape that many designers are making (think: Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel)


As this year comes to a close, I'm trying hard to just go back to me.  To who I really am, and what I really like and am drawn to.  I love art and studied art history in undergrad (little known fact).  I'm always happy when I get to experience the creativity that is oftentimes part of events like these. 

What I Wore: 
Top: French Connection (old)
Bag: H&M (similar, similar, similar) 

1 comment:

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...