Sunday, November 16, 2014

Outfit: How to Wear a Plaid Dress in Miami

Wynwood Artist Luis Valle
How amazing is this wall mural in Wynwood, Miami? A few weeks ago, Nicky Hilton (yep) was in Miami and she posed in front of this gorgeous piece and posted it to her insta. I was so drawn to it that I scouted it out this weekend.  I found it on 25th street, in Wynwood, off of N.W. 2nd avenue.

This is "Child Piece" by artist Luis Valle @El_Chan_Guri  

Miami Fashion Blogger Art

Wearing an all plaid dress may seem a little bit overboard, but it works for Miami.  Currently, it is the only way that we, in Miami, can really get into the spirit of the season and also be functional.  Because it's not scarf or sweater season just yet, I want to be real with what I wear, and I want that to transfer over into my pictures.  While I wish I could put on some chunky knits, it looks like that won't be happening for a while.

How to wear tartan plaid

This plaid dress was a TJ Maxx find about five years back.  Nordstrom has my favorite plaid dress though, and several other options.  Modcloth has some good ones too, and an almost identical one to the dress I have on in these pictures.
How to wear plaid dress

I kept the rest of the look clean, with dainty delicate jewelry and a cinched belt at the waist.  I have a lightweight cross body on in these pictures - it's from Target but they're sold out of it now.  The tan color is perfect, and it pairs with everything.  I am especially in love with this rich brown leather cross body from Nordstrom.
The Bazaar Project

I like to support local businesses - three of my accessories are from local Miami boutiques :)
Be well. 
xx


What I'm Wearing: 
Plaid Dress from TJ Maxx (here, here) //Ann Taylor Loft snake print flats
Anabelle Semprum necklace c/o The Habitat Art Miami 
BCBG Belt // Chloe sunglasses // Target crossbody  (here)
Lipcolor: YSL Lipliner #21 - the very best red that I've found.  I apply it over a berry colored Nivea moisture stick.


1 comment:

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...