Wednesday, August 7, 2013

OOTD: Ocean Reef Weekend + Free People Tie Dye Shirt + Sea NYC Clothing Leopard Pants

We made it down to Ocean Reef this weekend because one of our good friends had an event going on and invited us to tag along.  My other half always loves the opportunity to get out on the water (fishing tourney) and I was / am in desperate need of some relaxing moments.

Ocean Reef is a high-end, invitation only, members only resort.  It is nestled off of Card Sound road in Key Largo, FL.  It is a beautiful place, with lots of water activities, a perfect family friendly environment, and the best pina coladas!  I loved hanging out at the Islander Bar and by the pool...but... 

...I was getting ready to begin my relaxation weekend yesterday, when I was horrified to see a cockroach crawling all over the second sink, inside our hotel room!  All over my toiletries, hair products (my Phytoplage will never be the same), woven bracelets (sorry, Rose Gonzales and Pura Vida :(  ) and inside and around the tissue box and towels!!

Look, I get it, I'm irrational when it comes to these things because I would not kill it or go near it.  I know, I live in Florida, I was born here and these things happen, don't you know.

Thank you, Janet, from the Front Desk, for pointing out all of the above to me as I called you, while teetering on the verge of a breakdown.  It still does not negate the fact that it took 30 minutes for someone to come and spray the room for bugs and terminate the beast.  Yes, I am a woman in the workforce, in the year 2013, and I require assistance in this department. Diva?  You would think that the "Resort Fee" and overall exorbitant costs would also include pest-free accommodations.  Other than this incident, we had a great time!

I snapped some pictures dockside, in my Keys outfit that consisted of baggy and loose everything.  We did not last long outdoors, however, before the mosquitoes and the Florida summer led us back to some cool AC.

 



What I Wore:
1. Silk Leopard Drawstring Pants - Sea-NYC (in leopard, available in chevron) / similar / similar 
3. Buddha Tassel Necklace from Isabel Riera boutique , Coconut Grove
4. Bracelets c/o Rose Gonzales, c/o Pura Vida, c/o Stella & Dot Hope Bracelet, shell bracelet - unknown brand.
5 Silver flip flops - Corso Como / similar
6. Initial Pendant - Jennifer Zeuner


6 comments:

  1. When I grow up can I be you? You have the most fabulous events and clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have DIED if I seen a roach in my hotel room! Love the look very boat chic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and bugs, specifically roaches, do not mesh well!! I would have reacted the same way and I've lived in So. Florida and now Georgia!! haha

    Nice outfit.

    www.NikGLifeAndStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE your leopard pants! Love that sunset, and I totally feel you on the bug situation, Ick!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit - I love the mixed prints together. And icky bug situation! I can never recover from stuff like that.. haha
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...