Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentines day:
My boyfriend does not like “stuff” and as such he may be labeled by some, as difficult to shop for.  I, on the other hand, do like "stuff."  Very much.  One would think that I would be easy to shop for.  Not so.  Not from his perspective, and not from any mans perspective.  It seems that the majority of men cower in fear at the thought of an approaching holiday, birthday, and/ or special event honoring their ladies.  Going shopping is one of my favorite pastimes but for men across the country (I guess) it is one of their least favorite man-duties. (Please note that my male sample group includes: my boyfriend and my father).
Lucky for your - I'm going to break down the mystery behind gift giving.
Heart by Heather Garland
Boys, pay attention because your significant other will fall into one of the following 5 categories:



1. For the sensible, practical lady, who lets her hair air-dry and can't be bothered (too much) with fashion:
Kate Spade Cady Short sleeve Shift Dress via Neiman Marcus

Gap City Flat
They come in a ton of colors.
Sadly, now sold out - but these are adorable!
Gap Soft Pant and Bow Placket Top
All about cuffed loose fitting trousers.
Gap merchandise is last season but try these updated slouchy trousers that I adore!
Coach Julia Patent Leather Agenda
New style here.
Jo Malone Red Roses Home Candle



2. For the classic & elegant, Audry HepburnESQ lady:



Hermes Collier De Chien bangle via Hermes



Forever21 Silk Feathers Top


David Yurman Infinity Stud diamond earrings


J. Crew Chiffon Bow Cardigan



Christian Louboutin Decoltissimo 85 MM pumps
Super Classic



Forever21 Two-Tone Triangle Stretch Bracelet
A statement piece under $10!





3. For the Nerdy, partly kitschy & Geeky-glasses wearing gal:


Warby Parker Huxley glasses

Miu Miu Sandali Polka Dot Sandals via Saks



Milly Alli Star print dress via Shopbop


Thanks, Mel!


Petro Zillia collaboration with Forever21



4. For the edgy fashion-forward girl, willing to take risks:



Vince Sequin Top via Shopbop

Pour La Victoire Rima Laceup Booties via Shopbop
Wait till you see these ON.


Sam Edleman Lorissa Studded pump


DVF Penny Suede Stripe Medium bag in Coral/Popcorn


5. For the All American girl, who wore lots of Tommy Hillfiger in the 90's:



J.Crew Navy Schoolboy Blazer

Milly Sailor dress via Shopbop

Newport News Ruffle Plaid Blouse 

Rebecca Minkoff Convertible Clutch

And remember: never underestimate the power of simple, beautiful flowers!  I believe that men think that getting flowers as part of a V-day gift is unoriginal or played out.  I don't think so.  They will make your girl smile ear to ear when she get's a bouquet at the office ;)






1 comment:

  1. Um, so how about I love every single thing you put up! I really don't think you need to fit a category, all you need is good taste ;]

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...